Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 4 Completely Dead, Help??

So my iphone was on 70% battery when it suddenly went off, it would not turn back on. It will not charge and is not recognised in itunes, i have tried a different power supply still nothing. PLEASE do not suggest the the hold power button and home button IT DOES NOT WORK FOR ME, tried about 300 times even holding on to it for up to 5 minutes, ive tried reseting through itunes aswell.

I took it too apple and they said they dont know whats wrong with it and want me too pay for a new one (helpful) Shall i buy a replacement battery and swap the battery? any suggestions please, thankyou 🙂

iPhone 4

Posted on Jun 5, 2013 5:34 AM

5 replies

Jun 5, 2013 5:39 AM in response to craig2404

If you have tried http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3281 without success, you probably do need a new iPhone. If you do a battery replacement you will take away any support from Apple including any kind of replacement at a reduced cost. The only option then is pay the going rate for a new iPhone.

Did the Apple store offer an out-of-warranty replacement? For an iPhone 4 that is $149.

Jun 5, 2013 5:44 AM in response to Ralph Landry1

yes it was £130 but i only payed £150 for it in the first place so i dont see the point, id rather take a risk in replacing the battery, if that fails then i'm gonna go for a different type of phone because ive had nothing but trouble off my iphone and i'm ridiculously carefull with it yet i still have problems, do you think if i am succesful in swaping the battery then that will restore my iphone? I dont even know if its the battery which is the problem

Jun 5, 2013 5:49 AM in response to craig2404

You're exactly right, it may have nothing to do with the battery, could be a logic board failure. I am surprised the Apple folks had no idea...they have diagnostic tools that are usually really good at finding just what is wrong.

If you have had trouble all along with the iPhone, then it probably is not the battery but something like the logic board, the digitizer and screen, etc.

Iphone 4 Completely Dead, Help??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.