Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 updated to 6.1.4 from 6.0.2, but doesn't connect to LTE network.

I purchased an iPhone 5 recently and it came with iOS version 6.0.2. I updated it to 6.1.4 as this is the latest version as of now. Everything went off well, I even got the carrier settings for LTE during the update. But the phone won't join LTE network! I have restored, reset, setup as new couple of times. I have even got it replaced once. The new one also doesn't connect to LTE after updating.

Also as this iPhone was purchased through a corporate offer I have seen other 3 iPhone 5s behave the same way. They don't connect to LTE after updating.

This is the second iPhone in the house. The first one is 6 months old. And it has been updated to 6.1.4 also, but from 6.0.2 => 6.1 => 6.1.1 => 6.1.2 => 6.1.3 => 6.1.4. This phone connects to LTE network. Both phones are on same operator.

Has anyone faced something similar? And any solution for this?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4, 64gb

Posted on Jun 5, 2013 9:29 AM

4 replies

Jun 7, 2013 9:38 AM in response to Anis@Sharjah

Hi Anis@Sharjah,

Thanks for the question, and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

The following article may provide a resolution to your issue:

iPhone: Troubleshooting a cellular data connection

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3780

Follow the instructions below for assistance with troubleshooting cellular data issues on your iPhone. After performing each step, please test to see if the issue is resolved.

1. Toggle airplane mode: Tap Settings, turn airplane mode on, wait three seconds, and then turn off again.

2. Restart your iPhone.

3. Ensure that your software is up to date:

- Check for a Carrier Settings Update. Tap Settings > General > About.

- Check for an iOS Software Update. Tap Settings > General > Software Update. Note: Some updates may require a Wi-Fi connection.

4. Remove the SIM Cardand reinsert it. Allow the iPhone to acquire the network again.

5. If your SIM card has SIM PIN enabled, try toggling it off: Tap Settings > Phone > SIM PIN.

6. Try another location. If a different location works, but the original location still does not, contact your carrierto report the issue.

7. Reset network settings: Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

8. Restore the iPhone as new.

9. Contact your carrier to:

- Verify that the iPhone is properly set up on the account with the appropriate, current data plan.

- Verify that there are no account-related blocks.

- Find out if there are specific error messages in the carrier logs that could help determine why the issue is occurring.

If none of the above steps resolves the issue, contact your carrier, make an appointment at an Apple Retail Store, or contact AppleCare to troubleshoot further.

Thanks,

Matt M.

Jun 7, 2013 12:29 PM in response to matt00

Hello Matt,

Thanks for the reply.

I had done everything that you have mentioned except toggling Airplane mode. I had even contacted the carrier and they had replaced the phone.

But I did everything again, hoping it might work. But it hasnt. I will have to get back to my carrier to get this sorted out as I think it hasn't got anything to do with the iPhone. I had thought about it since I got it replaced and the new wasn't getting onto LTE network. And there are other 3 iPhone 5s in the office that are showing the same pattern. So its certain that the carrier has to look into it.

Thanks again,

Anis.

Jun 11, 2013 7:53 AM in response to matt00

Hello Matt,

There is one more thing I tried. There are 2 iPhone 5s, one connects to LTE network & the other doesn't. So I took out the SIM from the iPhone which connects to LTE and put it into the other iPhone which doesn't. Still it doesn't connect to LTE. This was just to check if the line wasn't provisioned for LTE.

Not it probably means that its the way the phone is updated from 6.0.2 to 6.1.4 that is causing the problem. What if I reset the phone, go back to 6.0.2, get hold of 6.1.0 ipsw file and upload it ?? 6.1.0 was the version when apple opened LTE for this region.

Your thoughts?

Anis Maniar.

iPhone 5 updated to 6.1.4 from 6.0.2, but doesn't connect to LTE network.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.