Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 4 in recovery mode after failed attempt to restore

I decided to do a system restore on my Iphone 4 GSM yesterday. Now it keeps getting stuck at around 10% when 'Restoring Iphone Software'.

The IOS was up to date, so is the Itunes version. It's in recovery mode, and I can't turn it back on, install the IOS again or anything of the sort. I tried restoring it from DFU also, it still won't work. Tried reinstalling Itunes, to no avail.

I don't believe it's bricked, is it? Since it is being recognised when connected to Itunes.

Any chance it gets stuck like that just because it takes a long time to restore it? (I had a lot of stuff on it, and it's the first proper restore attempted on this device)

Any idea of how I might fix this?

Thanks in advance.

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jun 8, 2013 7:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2013 1:56 PM

Hi Hazza312,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Since a restore did not complete, take a look at this article:

iOS: Unable to update or restore

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1808

Best of luck,

Mario

2 replies

Iphone 4 in recovery mode after failed attempt to restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.