Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 4s mic not working during call how fix it, iphone 4s mic not working during call how fix it, iphone 4s mic not working during call how fix it

i have iphone 4s during call mic not working properly.. but when use phone like voice memo it work fine

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.1

Posted on Jun 12, 2013 9:36 AM

5 replies

Jun 14, 2013 11:17 AM in response to umairmaqsood24

Hey umairmaqsood24,

Thanks for the question. The symptoms you provided are outlined in the following article. It is good to note that call audio, and voice memo audio utilize separate microphones on the iPhone. Please see the first set of bullet points for a potential resolution:

iPhone: Hardware troubleshooting

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2802

Thanks,

Matt M.

Feb 18, 2014 1:02 AM in response to darkmatter20

Since two days, I'm having the same issue! Mic works fine, except during calls. It doesn't work when using the phone in a normal way. But if I hold the mic directly in front of my mouth and talk a bit louder, it works. The mic also works when using in 'speaker' mode.

Placing a small piece of tape over the 'noise supporession mic' on top of the iPhone (small hole next to audio jack), the problem was 'solved'.

Weird bug...

iphone 4s mic not working during call how fix it, iphone 4s mic not working during call how fix it, iphone 4s mic not working during call how fix it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.