Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! My new iphone 5 will not connect via bluetooth to my bose speaker. It was working just fine with my old iphone 4 and now nothing.

Hello, I just purchased the iphone 5 and wanted to use my bose speaker which connects via blue tooth. Well, it will not work. It was working fine with my iphone 4 and now it will not pick up a signal. Help!!!

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jun 24, 2013 10:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2013 7:12 AM

Howdy Adrianatolman,

The following article details a number of steps that can help sort out issues with Bluetooth accessories.

iOS: Third-party Bluetooth headsets, headphones, and keyboards

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1664

Cheers,

Allen

2 replies

Jul 22, 2013 11:56 AM in response to Adrianatolman

This is an easy fix.

1. On the phone turn bluetooth off

2. On the Bose speaker hold down the bluetooth button until you get a steady blinking of thr bluetooth light. Probably about 4 seconds.

3. On the phone turm bluetooth on. It should pair.

4. If it still doesn't recognize the Bose unit hold Bose speaker hold down the mute button for approximately 10 seconds or until it pairs.

Good Luck

Help! My new iphone 5 will not connect via bluetooth to my bose speaker. It was working just fine with my old iphone 4 and now nothing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.