Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod iOS 7 update

I Will be updating my ipod touch 5th generation to the new iOS 7, and im not really sure if updating to iOS 7 will delete my photos & videos, so i will be importing all my pictures and videos to my Windows 7 computer, just in case. I DO know how to import the pictures INTO the computer, but if my pictures DO get deleted when i update, how do I import all the pictures BACK onto my ipod? Please answer me ASAP! Thank you! 🙂

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.3, 5th Generation

Posted on Jun 25, 2013 10:28 AM

4 replies

Jun 25, 2013 1:09 PM in response to Elitegate

Bricking your iPod? And that means, please?

It means that if someone is not a developer, the beta will not authorize and the iPod will be unusable, i.e a "brick".

you can simply upgrade to iOS 7 just like you would update to a newer version of iOS 6. No data will be lost.

Unless Rachel is a developer, she cannot install iOS 7, not unless she pirates a copy. And even if you're a developer yourself, you can't say with reliability that data will not be lost. iOS 7 is a beta and hence has known and unknown bugs, some of which may indeed cause data loss.

Once iOS 7 has been released this fall, then we'll know what the upgrade procedure will entail. Until then, people should not speculate in these forums.

Regards.

Ipod iOS 7 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.