Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dropped my phone in water. Now it's not turning on. Apple said they can't fix it. Any ideas?

I dropped my phone in water two weeks ago. It was on and I didn't immediately turn it off. When the battery died, it will no longer come on. I sent it to apple and after paying 100.00 they told me they could not fix it and I needed a new. This is my third iPhone and I have never had one do this. And I have dropped the previous ones in water also. Are there any ideas on how I can restore my phone?

Sn: already tried the rice. Didn't work.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jun 28, 2013 2:29 PM

2 replies

Jun 28, 2013 3:07 PM in response to Ablogan

Water plus live electronics usually results in death of the device. Try to stop dropping expensive electronics, especially into water. Try to cultivate the paranoia which I have: never put an iPhone onto the same surface that supports a container of any liquid. Never carry it in a pocket which can under any circumstances dump it onto ground or into water. Never take it into anything resembling a bathroom.

Silly? Yes.... my iPhone still works great since day one.

Dropped my phone in water. Now it's not turning on. Apple said they can't fix it. Any ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.