Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

if i use 12W charger to charge my ipad mini, is that will cause battery failure after charging?

this is because the original 5w charger is damm rubbish, everytime charging it also will stop for few min to cool down charger and recharge back for few times due to overheat problem. why the apple inc dun directly change a 12w charger in fact of the 5w charger got problem?

iPad, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Jul 15, 2013 9:44 PM

11 replies

Jul 15, 2013 9:55 PM in response to kc empire

I have no idea what you are referring to. If you have a new iPad, then it uses a 12w adaptor. If you have an iPad 3rd gen earlier, it uses a 10w adaptor. iPad Mini uses a 5w adaptor as do iPhones.

The cost of the adaptor is irrelevant. The devices dictate what wattage adaptor you need to charge them. From Apple:

iPad models come with one of two different adapters. iPad (third generation) and earlier comes with a 10W adapter while iPad (4th generation) comes with a 12W adapter. iPad mini comes with a 5W adapter.

GB

Jul 15, 2013 10:07 PM in response to kc empire

You should be able to use a 12w charger with the iPad Mini, just like you can use the original iPad 10w charger to charge an iPhone. However, if the charger you got with your iPad Mini is defective, make an appointment with the Apple Store and take it in to have them look at it, and exchange it for you if it is, in fact, defective.

Cheers,

GB

Message was edited by: gail from maine

if i use 12W charger to charge my ipad mini, is that will cause battery failure after charging?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.