Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I activate location services on my ipad, the device goes offline on find my iphone. Is there anything I could do to fix this?

I'm having troubles to get the "Find my iphone app" on my iPad Mini (Wifi only). I have discovered that if I turn location services off completely on the ipad (not only for find my iphone), the device appears "online, location services off" in the application. If I turn location services on, it goes offline again. I keep location services on, and activate and deactivate location services only for find my iphone, my device appears online for a short time, then it goes offline again (it never gets located btw). I have a macbook pro with find my mac running on the same home wifi, and it gets located inmediatly after I log on to iCloud. Is this a bug? Are there any steps I could follow to make find my iphone work properly on my ipad? Thank you.

iPad Mini-OTHER, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jul 24, 2013 4:55 AM

4 replies

When I activate location services on my ipad, the device goes offline on find my iphone. Is there anything I could do to fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.