Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bose soundlink mini cannot update

I tried to update my Blose soundlink mini so I can use bluetooth with it, however, my soundlink mini cannot be detected by the updating software and I wonder what part of the instruction has I done wrong?

Posted on Aug 3, 2013 1:38 AM

28 replies

Oct 14, 2013 9:57 AM in response to Jazzysue

I have contacted with Bose, they said there needs to be an update for the software to detect and perform the task. Since there is no update yet for the mini, the software seems to be stuck and not detecting. I have told them that this is not a convenient way of feedback from software as user may be assuming the software is not working properly. It would have been better for the software to show it detects the item and if there is no update available at the time, notify this with a massage feedback. They said i am certainly wright about this and that they will pass this topic to software engineers.

Oct 14, 2013 10:54 AM in response to Jazzysue

I just bought a Bose SoundLink Mini yesterday and had no problem pairing it to my iPod, iPhone and MBP. After those 3 devices detected the Bose I just clicked on 'Pair'.

If the Bose is actually paired with your MBP, make sure you change the Sound setting in System Preferences to use the Bose as your Audio Output device.

I'm assuming though, this thread is about using the software on Bose's sitefor updating the Mini firmware (if one exists)? If so, I think you have to use a micro USB cable to connect the Mini speaker to the Mac for updating (See the question at the site of "How do I connect my SoundLink speaker to my PC/Mac").

Oct 16, 2013 4:34 AM in response to keg55

The problem I am having is that it will not automatically connect, as it does with my Logitech bluetooth speaker. I have to always go in and manually connect. I will try changing the setting in System Preferences and see if that helps. I cannot find this on my iPhone 5 - could you direct me how to get there to do this?

I wish that Bose would have provided the USB micro cable with the speaker as well as allow USB charging (as I will be using the speaker in my car). I have tried the one from my hubby's Samsung phone and it seems to fit, but when my computer downloads the driver software there is a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in the middle of it and my computer will not detect the speaker...

Thanks a lot,

Nov 10, 2013 7:04 AM in response to Jeffrey53097

Hey guys,

I know it might not be the right place to ask this but does anyone happen to hear some sort of audio clicks popping regularely when playing audio ?

My minisoundlink works fine with my iphone and iTunes via bluetooth, but soon as I want to watch a movie with VLC for example, I'm hearing those clicks and it's very annoying... I was thinking maybe it has something to do with bluetooth or with pairing issues. I'm using a macbook pro, Mountain Lion.

Thanks a lot !!!

Jeremy, Paris.

Dec 9, 2013 3:58 AM in response to Ashusharma

This happened to me as well. I had to reset the speaker. If I remember correctly, I had to take it off the charging stand to do this:

Reset the speaker. Press the Mute button for ten seconds, until the indicators briefly flash. Your Bluetooth device is disconnected and the SoundLink® Mini speaker turns off. Press the Power button to turn the speaker back on, and reconnect.

I hope this helps you!

Dec 9, 2013 1:12 PM in response to keg55

Just bought a Bose Mini this afternoon paired it to iphone worked well. Paired it to my macbook pro but would not connect...

until as you suggested changed the Sound setting in System Preferences to use the Bose as your Audio Output device.

Now all I need to do is sort out the syncing on a program I'm watching because it's out.

Thank you very much.

Graham

Dec 25, 2013 8:51 AM in response to Jeffrey53097

I had the same problem. Here are the steps explained to me by Bose tech support to update the firmware:

1. go to the following site and downlaod and install the update application

http://worldwide.bose.com/downloads/en/web/bose_bluetooth_speaker_download/page. html

2. This is the important part (the mistake I kept on making) - plug your Bose speaker into its power supply. It will not update if you do not. This handy piece of advice is not given in the instructions. Then follow the rest of the Bose instructions, USB etc.

Hope this helps,🙂

Bose soundlink mini cannot update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.