Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i bought an iphone 5 that was linked to an itunes developer account i want to unlink for no future issues with activation

I bought an iphone 5 that was linked to an account and had ios 7.0 so when i downgraded to ios6.1.4 i could not activate because it was linked to an apple id and i got that info but wanted to unlink from that apple id. how would i go about doing that?

thanks in advance

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4, ios 7 beta

Posted on Aug 9, 2013 9:25 PM

10 replies

Aug 9, 2013 9:43 PM in response to modular747

wow ok i did not hack or jailbreak i simply put the iphone into dfu mode and downloaded through itunes the 6.1.4 restore and it installed by itself i tried to activate like i normally would and it gave me the itunes linked account needs to be put in i called the guy who sold me the iphone he gave me his info and then it activated by itself now its working perfectly i just want to unlink

i bought an iphone 5 that was linked to an itunes developer account i want to unlink for no future issues with activation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.