Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7

when can I download iOS 7

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 6:03 AM

35 replies

Sep 18, 2013 11:01 AM in response to livn4god

iTunes 11.1 says my iPhone 4 and iPad 2 are up to date with 6.1.3, but OTA shows 7 is available. Trying the OTA but Apple's servers are getting hammered. Year on year it's the same, then next week Appple will say they weren't prepared for the influx of upgrade requests, as they do EVERY year!

I'd really like apple to sort this stupidity out once and for all!

Sep 18, 2013 11:09 AM in response to w7ox

No seriously, there is no need for this at all. I earn my living in IT and another well known large software company has never failed me when I'm downloading all the updates for it's various OS's and applications.

Either Apple intentionally throttle access (I'm now getting the 'You do not have permission to access the requested resource' crap) or they need to sort their infrastructure, and believe me, the amount of upgrade simultaneous upgrade requests the other company gets from around the globe is, quite frankly, staggering!

Apple, over the last fews years, go about business and act like they're some sort of govermental intelligence agency! they need to pul their headsd from out of their a**e!

Sep 18, 2013 1:04 PM in response to ofelas

Also get an error message when first trying to update through iTunes...

"There are purchased items on the iPhone “Realtree” that have not been transferred to your iTunes library. You should transfer these items to your iTunes library before updating this iPhone. Are you sure you want to continue?"

Not sure how to do this...thx.

Sep 18, 2013 1:20 PM in response to ofelas

I was getting this same error through iTunes, I also tried OTA and it said I needed 3.4 GB free storage. I decided to backup and try to restore my ipad via iTunes and it popped up with the option to restore and update, I clicked it and the update started to download. It is probably better to restore and update anyway then restore apps, etc from backup.

Sep 18, 2013 1:29 PM in response to Oberheim

Oberheim wrote:

No seriously, there is no need for this at all. I earn my living in IT and another well known large software company has never failed me when I'm downloading all the updates for it's various OS's and applications.

Either Apple intentionally throttle access (I'm now getting the 'You do not have permission to access the requested resource' crap) or they need to sort their infrastructure, and believe me, the amount of upgrade simultaneous upgrade requests the other company gets from around the globe is, quite frankly, staggering!

Apple, over the last fews years, go about business and act like they're some sort of govermental intelligence agency! they need to pul their headsd from out of their a**e!

You may make your living in IT, but you don't sound like it. Might want to check the location of your own head.

iOS 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.