Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios7 Lock Screen blurry

Every picture i chose for my lock screen ends up blurry as soon as you set it and look at it. i have picked at least 80 pictures and it just continues to be a completely blurred photo. my boyfriends doesnt do that. HALP. i dont get it =(

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 1:03 PM

5 replies

Sep 21, 2013 1:38 PM in response to Krittylee33

I had the same problem with iOS7 on my iPhone4 - blurred lock screen. Powered off the iPhone, switched on and the blurred effect was gone. When I receive a notification (e.g. text message) on the lock screen it becomes blurred again but after I'm past the lock screen and then lock the screen again it's fine again. The blurred effect may be deliberate when notifications are received so just needs one power cycle to sort it out.

Oct 3, 2013 10:34 AM in response to Krittylee33

I was also going to suggest you simply remove as much stuff as possible from displaying on the lock screen. So long as info doesn't need to display there, the lock screen should NOT BLUR.

It seems to only blur (by design), when the iOS needs to display any info there, other than the TIME.

We need to all request that apple add option to turn off the lockscreen blur effect, if desired.

ios7 Lock Screen blurry

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.