Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

upgrading to ios 7, cannot connect to apple store to activate iphone

My iphone 5 is connected to my windows 8 PC running the latest version of iTunes. The PC has no connectivity problems. But my iPhone cannot connect to the iTunes store to activate the recentely upgraded phone (to IOS 7). There have been a number of error messages. The latest was as follows:

"We could not complete youre iTunes Store request. And unknown error occured (0x80090304).

There was an error in the iTunes Store. Please try again later"

This has been going on for over an hour.

Is this just an issue with too many people trying to activate at the same time? Which implies that this SHOULD work later. Or is there a problem specific to my phone/software?

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 1:10 PM

29 replies

Sep 18, 2013 1:48 PM in response to scolley

Same problem here. Getting used to the idea I probably won't have use of my phone for the rest of the day. My mistake was attempting to eject a USB drive as the software was upgrading on the iPhone (4s). Immediately received an error message and was forced to select Restore iPhone as my only option. After Restore successfully completed getting the phone to factory settings with ios7 loaded, the activation process began. This is where the nightmare took over. Activation needs to contact the Apple Servers via iTunes Store apparently. So, yeah, gonna have to wait until the US is asleep tonight to get through, in all likelihood. Would have been nice had Apple posted a clearer warning to disconnect all other peripherals during upgrade. But with Jobs now dead, there's not as much interest in attempting to simulate how users might break the system before public release. Ah well. Nothing for it now but to wait.

upgrading to ios 7, cannot connect to apple store to activate iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.