Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7 music app - questions and problems

Hi everyone,

I'm having several problems with the new music app in iOS 7 on my iPad 2:

1) How can I change the order of the browser buttons on my iPad? In the manual, it says i should touch the "more" buttons, but there is no button like that?!

2) Why doesn't the title view do exactly that - show all of my songs sorted by their name? Instead, it shows my songs, sorted by album and artist. When choosing a letter from the right, it goes to the artists with a name starting with that letter instead of going to all the songs that start with it.

3) The order of my songs in album view is totally screwed up. It shows the correct title numbers, but the songs aren't sorted Why?

Overall, the iOS7 music app is driving me nuts so far, I miss the old album grid view, like it is in iTunes on OSX...

Regards,

Chris

iPad 2, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 2:48 PM

14 replies

Sep 19, 2013 10:06 AM in response to captain13chris

The music app seems really wierd. Basic feature such as grid view is missing, the search song has been miniaturized, whereas symbols sufifcient for repeat and shuffle anverted to trxt, defies all logic... The graphics in iis apps are pathetic.., seems like they have been hurriedly drawn on a blank piece of paper photos concept is good but aesthetics are dissapointingd have a look at the safari icon, a grade designor would do better than that.

Sep 19, 2013 12:52 PM in response to captain13chris

Yes, resetting all of the settings did help (fixed bugs 2 and 3). I still can't rearrange the browser buttons, but that's not as urgent.

Meanwhile, I've found several other bugs: Try to play a song, then choose "Now playing" and touch the cover to reveal the lyrics (must have been entered in iTunes). Now, rotate the iPad... Geez, how can you not see this bug during the beta phase?! (The white background which gets added behind the lyrics doesn't resize as it should).

I reported a couple of other bugs to Apple as well. I hope they solve these annoying bugs SOON!

Sep 24, 2013 7:00 PM in response to captain13chris

There are other issues with Music as well. The new "abum view" is frustrating. It is such a pain to click on an artist and have a list of all songs for all albums displayed. Now you have to scroll through all albums and songs to get to the one you want. It's also more difficult to shuffle an album this way . . .

I wrote about some of these issues here

http://thelearnsomethingnew.com/2013/09/22/ios-7-review-the-good-the-bad-and-the -ugly/

Hopefully Apple will have a fix for all of this soon . . .

Oct 15, 2013 11:24 PM in response to captain13chris

Just chiming in to echo all of these comments. This version of Music app (on iPad, anyway) is the most dissappointing thing I have seen and used from Apple in over 25 years of using their software and hardware.

I can't see anything in a grid view anymore... I can't delete an album or artist without connecting to my Mac? (I can delete songs by swiping right-to-left!!!!)... songs on some albums in some views are in wrong order and no way to re-order without resetting iPad?

To be honest, since I updated I haven't listened to any music on the iPad as the app is so horrible.

A few more than two steps back with this update. Hope there IS a fix around the corner. I have provided feedback to Apple and am sure plenty of others have too!

Oct 16, 2013 2:48 PM in response to captain13chris

I whole heartedly agree with the other comments here, the search function has been hidden, frustrating, when it used to sit in the bottom right corner where it was easy to access. Every view is list, with a library of 8000 songs, that is a lot of scrolling, it also denies me the joy of quickly scanning a grid view, much as you would do in a record store (I am old enough to remember those) and find that gem in my collection that I haven't heard in a while. The genius button again has been hidden behind a create option, ok it is there, but why hide it.

The overly asthetics are fine, not knock my socks fantastic, just fine.

Please apple if you read these comments, please add back some of the features you have taken away with this update.

A satisfied, but disgruntled ipad user

iOS 7 music app - questions and problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.