Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 7 download asking for itunes update

I am trying to update my iPhone 5 and 4S to IOS7, both having been backed-up and apps updated. But when I click on check update, it says the following

A new iPhone software version (7.0) is available, but requires iTunes 11.0.5. Would you like to download iTunes 11.0.5 now?

But my iTunes is already 11.0.5. When I click on Download iTunes, it takes me to App Store but with nothing to update. I have restarted iTunes and both phones but with the same results.

I would like to avoid updating over the air if possible.

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 4:39 PM

33 replies

Sep 18, 2013 5:05 PM in response to Jimemmeline

Been trying to download iTunes 11.1 from the Apple website http://www.apple.com/my/itunes/download/. It is the latest iTunes, not 11.0.5.

Still having problems as the website didn't download after clicking "Download". Nothing in my Firefox or my Download folder.

In the meantime, my 4S went into auto-update even without doing anything. I realised when I checked the Software Update screen and it has been on "Preparing Update" - been that for the last 30 minutes.

My first time ever having problems with iOS update!!

ios 7 download asking for itunes update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.