Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ios 7 4s sound issues no sound via music player

Hi just updated to ios7

Speaker make No sound in music player

Volume slider is not functioning at all , it's grey

Ringtones works fine.

I have apple tv in my local network so in ios 7 music player i switched to play through airplay

And back to iphone - no sound

Also tried another music player same **** - plays no sound

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 6:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 6:59 PM

This was fixed on my phone just by opening and closing the Calendar app.

339 replies

Sep 18, 2013 10:06 PM in response to stacyat12

I had the same issue. This is how I solved the problem:

Open a music video or movie and check to see whether the video/movie is playing on an AirPlay device ie, AppleTV or portable speakers.

If playing on portable speakers (in my case Bose system) plug the iPhone in and then play the video/movie, press the AirPlay button (bottom right corner) and select "iPhone" from the list of devices.

After this the sound should return normally to the iPhone.

Sep 18, 2013 11:03 PM in response to Antonsp

I had the same problem in two devices 4S and I got fix it this way:

1- Play any song from the Controller Center (Sliding from botton to top with the screen block) using the Earphones.

2- Disconnect the earphones, (The song will stop), and then whitout the Earphones press play again..

3- Fix it.....it should sounds now.

I hope to be helpfull....

Un saludo.

Sep 18, 2013 11:05 PM in response to Antonsp

My wife had the same issue with her iPhone 4. The vomlume bar was grey inside the music app and the buttons didn't work. I knew the speakers were fine because it would play the ringtone under the sound menu. Headphones worked just fine. I carefully cleaned out the charging port with rubbing alcohol while the phone was off. When I turned it back on, it works!

Ios 7 4s sound issues no sound via music player

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.