Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"connect to itunes to use push notifications"

hello,

I updated my Iphone to ios 7 today.

Since then when I open apps like whatsapp and facebook, I see "connect to itunes to use push notifications".

When can I do to fix it?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 6:43 AM

57 replies

Sep 21, 2013 12:14 AM in response to shira_3434

I’m facing the same problem, I got this message “ connect to itunes to use push notifications" after I upgraded IO7, its appearing every time I open facebook & whatsapp

I have removed the facebook and download it again, but it didn’t work…I have off/on the notification for each application, but it won’t work…anybody have solution other than restoring i phone?

Sep 21, 2013 9:57 PM in response to shira_3434

Hello Everybody

i kept looking in web sites until I found solution yesterday, the problem seem to be common

but to certain idevices only, its happening as itunes not recognizing that devices, all you have to do is to follow the steps mentioned the following link

http://forums.imore.com/ios-7/257478-fix-ios-7-developer-build-beta-1-imessage-f acetime-issues-resolved.html

you will download the redsnow, its takes 10 min no more

i have tried myself, its working fine and im getting notification now and no more messages appear after opining the applications

if you don't wana download redsnow, try to De-authorize and then reauthorize again your idevice through itune, if this not worked ( didn't work with me ) then you have to follow the above link

Regards,,

Sep 26, 2013 3:05 PM in response to The MR.X

I have the same issue.

I don't see though how you Authorize or Deauthorize iDevices, as it seems to apply only to computers.

Secondly, the solution that you linked to seems to be limited only to iDevices registered with Apple iOS Developer Program, per the warnings on their site.

I guess, I'll try to reset and restore.

Sep 29, 2013 5:01 AM in response to The MR.X

Thanks, I appreciate the assistance, but honestly, I shouldnt have to download a different app for push notifications to work. I've searched everywhere for a solution and havent found any, apart from restoring the phone, and I'm not even sure it will work if I do that as some people have had no success with it. I'll wait with restore option for now until there is some update to fix it. Well, Im hoping there'll be an update. I'm just surprised their taking this long to fix what is obviously a bug. I really dont look forward to restoring the phone and going through that schlep for something that may or may not work.

"connect to itunes to use push notifications"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.