Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS7 Compatibility Issues with Ford "Sync"

Since upgrading my iphone 4S with iOS7 it has lost compatability with my Ford Sync (2013 Kuga). It works via bluetooth but I can no longer browse playlists etc. Anyone else had this problem? Ideas? my Ford dealership say its an Apple iOS7 problem

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 8:54 AM

24 replies

Sep 20, 2013 10:13 AM in response to Brandon2184

I see your point but there is also a responsibility on Apple to make sure that their software updates do not render the functionality they partner with ie. Ford Sync useless. That's why they carry out beta testing in advance with major partners including Ford. All the forums I've read indicate that iOS 7 and Ford Sync had gone throught beta testing and passed hence my question to see if anyone else was having the same problem before I return to the Apple store and Ford garage to try and get it resolved.

Sep 22, 2013 12:32 PM in response to kaiesha

Hi. Firstly I backed up my phone to my computer then whilst it was still connected up, from the iPhone summary page on iTunes there is an option to fully restore (towards the top) Click that and leave it connected and it will fully reset the phone and reinstall ios7. Once it's completed its cycle at the end it asks if you want to reinstall from the backup from your computer. Click yes and it will then do this. That did it fine for me. Good luck!

Sep 24, 2013 1:23 PM in response to AndyM311

Excellent. I'm having what sounds like the same (or very similar) issue with my aftermarket Kenwood KDC-MP745U stereo. iPhone 4S, iOS7.

What works:

• iPhone pairs with the stereo, phonebook downloads, stereo unit can display music info
  • I can initiate/terminate phone calls from the stereo head unit, and I can answer
  • Music/sounds/calls play through the stereo
  • Controlling music via the iPhone (play/pause, next, back, etc)

The above items rule out a connectivity issue.

What doesn't:

Controlling music via the stereo unit (play/pause, next, back, etc) This used to work, however.

The stereo unit doesn't appear to have a BT firmware update available from the web site, and the only thing that changed in this situation is upgrading to iOS7. I will try the restore procedure tonight and hope that works as well as it did for you.

Cheers.

Sep 29, 2013 10:12 PM in response to AndyM311

Im having a smilar issue with iOS 7.02 in my 2013 Hyundai Veloster. It worked fine with iOS6.5 and even worked with iOS7 but once iOS7.02 was pushed to my iPhone 5 it would not work with my car. I can still connect via USB and use it as an iPod but thats it. When I reset the BlueTooth on the car deleting out all phones and putting the car back to factory settings it allows me to pair the phone but thats it. Once the phone is connected the car sysetem gets stuck in some kind of a loop and will not allow for use of the phone in any capacity. Basically I cannot use my phone with my car at all other than as an iPod. 😟 Ill try restoring the phone as directed above but if that doesnt work Im going to have to dig up my old HTC EVO 4G and start using that again. This is very VERY upsetting. Very poor project mgt on Apples part and Im very dissapointed in them for releasing software that was not ready for consumer use yet.

Sep 30, 2013 8:06 PM in response to AndyM311

I am also having problems. I updated my iPhone 4 yesterday and repaired my Bluetooth this morning. The phone synched fine and I am able to make and answer calls.

I didn't test music until my drive home. That's where the problems started. Connecting to USB worked fine as that is my preferred method since Bluetooth Audio control on Synch lacks any decent navigation control. Using the voice commands to play track, artist or song just results in random and completely incorrect results. Certain artists don't come up at all, songs play wrong, and it's just generally a jumble.

Any thoughts?

Mark

iOS7 Compatibility Issues with Ford "Sync"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.