Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to move and scale photos for wallpaper on IPad mini after iOS 7 update.

After update to iOS7 on my IPad mini, I am able to select my personal photos for the wallpaper, but I cannot move and scale them to fit. The option is there but unresponsive. I already had to remove the protective case to access the new control panel via up swipe which must begin below the screen next to the "home" button to initiate. Now I can no longer personalize the wall paper with my own photos. It's been a frustrating experience without any real perceptible improvements.

iPad mini Wi-Fi, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 21, 2013 10:45 AM

27 replies

Sep 28, 2013 5:54 AM in response to jellyree

thank you, jellyree

this only works for ONE direction:

side-to-side (left to right or vice versa) 'setting' of pictures.

it does not work, for me, for moving a picture 'up' or 'down'.

nor- crucial!- does it work for reducing or enlarging the size of a photo.

for 'up' and 'down' finger swipes, there is NO motion/response at all.

for reducing or enlarging.. the picture changes size only and for as long as I have two, active fingers ON the picture itself, i.e. while swiping and/or holding it- but the moment I let go, the image reverts to its original size

?

Sep 23, 2013 6:48 PM in response to JDibley

I was able to move and scale the wallpaper on my iPad 4 by turning off the parallax motion....

1. Go to Settings > General > Assessibility > Reduce Motion "set to OFF"
  2. Next, in Settings > Wallpapers & Brightness > Choose Wallpaper (pick the wallpaper) - you should now be able to "Move and Scale" the photo that you've chosen for your wallpaper.
  3. After you've SET the wallpaper, you can go back to Parallax motion by turning Reduce Motion to "ON" (see step 1)

Sep 29, 2013 3:27 PM in response to JDibley

What a nightmare! Had I known what was in store for me, I would never have updated my iPAD Mini to iOS7.

The calendar with it's ultra-thin Helvetica is near impossible to see. To add insult to injury, not being able

to move and size a wallpaper photo is just totally unacceptable. So annoying when software is thrown out

there for the general public when it's obviously not ready. I tried the solution:

1. Go to Settings > General > Assessibility > Reduce Motion "set to OFF"
  2. Next, in Settings > Wallpapers & Brightness > Choose Wallpaper (pick the wallpaper) - you should now be able to "Move and Scale" the photo that you've chosen for your wallpaper.
  3. After you've SET the wallpaper, you can go back to Parallax motion by turning Reduce Motion to "ON" (see step 1)

And it just DOES NOT WORK. Plain and simple. I am so tired of Apple products that have bugs that we are all expected to work through and work out while paying anywhere from $500 to $2000 for a product. And of course you can't get online support in a quick, efficient manner. My big old $600 bite out the Apple is tasting mighty sour at the moment.

Dec 7, 2013 9:13 PM in response to JDibley

First suggestion is a no go. What I did that worked well enough for me was go into photos, edit which ever photo you wish to use, select crop, then aspect ratio and use 5x7. Which is about the iPad mini size. The issue i think is the pictures are to "big". Once I edited my photos I could moved them at least left to right, though not up and down when setting to backgrounds. They do look much better then before editing.

Unable to move and scale photos for wallpaper on IPad mini after iOS 7 update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.