Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete iOS 7 download

I previously updated my iPad to iOS 7, but I really didn't like it and reverted to iOS 6.1.3. After I reverted to iOS 6.1.3, my iPad downloaded iOS 7 again and is now prompting me to install it. I do not wish to do so.

As I don't like iOS 7, I would like to delete the download as it is presently taking up about 3 GB of storage on my iPad. I cannot find a way of doing this. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for all helpful replies.

iPad, iOS 6.1.3, 4th generation, 32Gb, Wifi only.

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 7:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 7:46 PM

We can't help you. Deleting the OS, whether you've implemented it or not is not supported by Apple.

5 replies

Oct 2, 2013 5:37 PM in response to lobsterghost1

Nah, there's nothing wrong with you, but I'm still not sold on the look of iOS 7. I did process the upgrade in the end because I got fed up of "phantom" app updates - i.e. App Store would flag an update, but when I went there, there would be nothing to be installed because the update only applied to iOS 7. I have found a couple of glitches - initiallly, I was having a problem with Reminders, but I may have resolved that now. My iPhone also, on occasions, seems to be struggling to connect to wifi from standby whilst at home.

Delete iOS 7 download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.