Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wifi drops out since ios 7

After installing IOS 7, IPHONE 5 KEEPS DROPPING WIFI CONNECTIONS USING WPA2-PSK .

ALL MY OTHER WIFI DEVICES WORK FINE IN MY HOME USING WINDOWS 7 AND 8.

TRIED TURNING OFF WIFI AND BACK ON IN SETTINGS AND STILL THE SAME.

DO NOT RECALL IOS 6 BEING THIS BIG OF PROBLEM. HOWEVER, I would like

to point out that it took a number of trys before IOS 7 successfully completed. NOTE

some days it seems to stay connected a short time BUT noticed it continually dropping

and reconnecting. Also, tried WEP AND WPA Weaker security passwords and no better.

iPhone 5, iOS 7, WIFI FLAKY NEXT TO ROUTER

Posted on Sep 26, 2013 10:15 AM

42 replies

Sep 26, 2013 11:17 AM in response to dilbert41

rebooted router many times and contacted router support. Seems to be iphone IOS 7 using WPA2-PSK

security password which I see others had to drop back to less secure. I tried that too and did not stay connected.

I am within 6 feet of wifi router and it connects and then disconnects repeated. No other wifi connections

on my laptops or desktop using usb seem to fail using WINDOWS XP, 7 AND 8.

Seems to all started once I installed IOS 7. Now, if I power down IPHONE and come back up it connects

for a few seconds but not long enough to use wifi.

Per ROUTER SUPPORT ( NETGEAR) MY WIFI SETTINGS ALL CHECKED OUT AND SUSPECT SOMETHING

VERY INTERMITTENT IN iphone . Might be hardware but I bet it is software. I hate to drop back to IOS 6.X.

Sep 27, 2013 8:56 AM in response to dilbert41

Weirdest thing happened after many restores using itunes it did not want to stay connected.

Wifi must have a mind of its own or there is a lot of work still needed in IOS 7 for connecting

using WPA2. After exhausting all trys, I gave up and merely laid the iphone 5 down. After a

few hours, I came back and it connected. However, many other wifi devices in my home worked

during all this effort. Next day it is still connected and using IOS 7.02. REAL BUMMER WAS

RELOADING ALL APPS IT DID NOT RESTORE USING ITUNES 11.

Sep 27, 2013 9:02 AM in response to aggieoo7

AFTER RESTORING BACKUP WITH ITUNES, Iphone 5 wifi did not work. However,

I merely laid down iphone and came back a few hours later and it connected on its own.

Gremlins? Who knows but all the power downs and resets and restores did not seem

to help. IOS 7.02 still needs some more work by APPLE in the wifi area in my way of

thinking. NOTE ALL MY OPEN CASES NEVER EVEN GOT ANSWERED BUT I WENT

BACK AND CLOSED THEM RATHER THAN HAVING TO WASTE TIME WITH SOMEONE

ON CHASING DOWN CAUSE.

Sep 28, 2013 3:14 PM in response to aggieoo7

Both of my family iPad 4s are running ios 7 as are 2 of 3 iPad 2s. All seem unable to stay connected to our wifi network. 1 other iPad 2 is running iOS 6 and has no problem staying connected. Both original iPads running iOS 4 also stay connected.

Sometimes my iPad 4 shows me as connected to one or other frequency of the dual band router and will access iTunes and app store but won't remain connected for more than a few seconds with Mercury browser or Safari. I have had to use an original iPad to post this.

Any suggestions or is an update likely?

Sep 29, 2013 7:43 PM in response to samwillhelp

I just tried this and it hasn't fixed my problem.

I have 3 other macs in the house that are all conected and not dropping the wifi at all, but my iphone with the new update keeps dropping it, and it wont let me do the new software update 7.0.2 as it says (down the bottom in SW update) this update requires a wifi network connection to download....

Any other ideas anyone? This is frustrating.

Oct 3, 2013 5:45 AM in response to amaninspired

I am having the same issue with my two month old iphone 5 after installing ios 7. I tried all the "fixes" i found online including this one, reset my home router several times, no luck. I went to ATT they sent me to the apple store. It worked fine in the apple store, but won't pickup any other wifi for more than a few seconds. Secondly it can't even see the wifi unless you are within 10 feet of the router. When will Apple address this?

wifi drops out since ios 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.