Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote Remote using Personal Hotspot not working since ios 7 upgrade!!!

Help!!

I knew I shouldn't have "updated" my iPad to the new poxy operating system, and what did I do??? I went and updated it! I've had it updated on my iPhone all week, and pretended to like it. What a mistake I've just made! 😠

As a devoted Mac user my entire life, I have recently converted from being a PPT user to Keynote. I'm a university professor, and use it for 3 classes a week.Our campus internet system unfortunately has a "block" on being able to link my iPhone & iPad using WiFi and using Bluetooth (and by the way, I've tried Bluetooth at home, and it doesn't ever link, anyway! But that's a different problem!). The campus IT guy showed me a couple weeks ago how to use Personal Hotspot, and it worked great! What a great way to teach, moving around the classroom, referring to notes on my iPhone, clicking through my pretty dancing pages....until the dreaded upgrade. No more Personal Hotspot!!!!

Even though Keynote has presented many limitations on the iPad (hyperlink problems, "syncing" with iCloud between my iPad & MacBook Air, with changed fonts and lost notes and willy-nilly action changes), I feel that all these frustrations were worth it because I can just tote my iPad and iPhone to class, and leave my MacBook Air at home. HAH!!

Does anyone have a fix to make my Personal Hotspot link my Keynote Remote app with my Keynote presentation on my iPad? 😕

Apple TV, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 29, 2013 4:12 PM

1 reply

Oct 12, 2013 7:50 PM in response to Bluegrassdog

Just found this info and it worked for me using my iPhone 5S & the Rowmote app to control Keynote on my Macbook Pro. Not sure if it'll work with and iPad but wanted to post this, just in case.

Hope it's helpful.

Using Keynote Remote on your iPhone to present with your Macbook

On your MacBook select Wi-Fi settings

• Create Network
  • Note the Network Name (probably the same as your machine)
  • Choose Channel 11 and Security 40-bit WEP
  • Set a 4 character password
  • Press Create

On your iPhone select Wi-Fi settings

• Choose the Network that you just created
  • Enter the password if you are asked

In the Keynote Remote app

• Choose your machine name and click that link
  • Choose Done

Now the app should say that you are connected and select the Play Slideshow button. That’s it!

I’ll add that you may want to switch your phone into airplane mode before presenting, so that you don’t get calls or email notifications.

Keynote Remote using Personal Hotspot not working since ios 7 upgrade!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.