Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

earbud/microphone doesn't work in voice memo ios 7

Since getting IOS 7 update the voice memo does not work with the earbud/microphone cable. I use this option frequently at work indoors and out to record data with time stamp. Now I will have to use my touch by hand without gloves during winter. Any info would be appreciated. Haven't found any other apps that work either.

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 1, 2013 8:54 AM

4 replies

Oct 1, 2013 9:09 AM in response to TSalvi

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Try cleaning out/blowing out the headphone jack. Try inserting/removing the plug a dozen times or so.

- Does the mic work in another device?

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iPod via iTunes

earbud/microphone doesn't work in voice memo ios 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.