Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I use my photos as wallpaper on iOS 7. It says move and scale. but you can't move it much and you can no longer make it smaller to fit?

Before the new upgrade iOS 7 you could move in scale your personal photos and use as background wallpaper. You could make them smaller move it up and move it down to fit the screen. Now you can only move it side to side and you can't make it small by pinching the screen. So when you're through and you made your wallpaper background the picture is too big to fit the screen. Is there a way to make the picture smaller so it fits as it did before the upgrade?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 1, 2013 12:26 PM

7 replies

Dec 14, 2013 7:50 AM in response to Susan588

Take a screenshot of the picture you want. (To screenshot press the top right button and the home button at the same time. Also make sure before you screenshot you tap the photo to get the black background) Then take that new screenshot of your picture and use that for your wallpaper. It's easier to go into photos and chose the new screenshot and then wallpaper it. Its annoying I know.

Why can't I use my photos as wallpaper on iOS 7. It says move and scale. but you can't move it much and you can no longer make it smaller to fit?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.