Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 5 wont update or restore from beta to official iOS 7.

I had my iPhone 5 on the beta version of iOS 7. When the official version rolled out, it would not let me update to it from the beta, nor would it let me downgrade back to iOS 6. It kept giving me a connection error. I figured it was the overwhelmed servers and waited a few days. After a few days, still no luck. Apple has since stopped signing iOS 6, so downgrading is not an option, but it will also not let me upgrade, even after I downloaded the ipsw and tried to manually restore. It is now stuck on the activation screen, leaving my phone completely useless, and refuses to update or restore. I have put it into DFU mode, but the connection always times out. Any ideas?

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Oct 5, 2013 7:07 PM

There are no replies.

My iPhone 5 wont update or restore from beta to official iOS 7.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.