Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

different problems ios 7

Hello to all,

I have the problem on a iPhone 4S with IOS 7 that every slider in the settings menus does not response at once. I need several tries to get it work.

It seems to me that my fingers are too thick for the downsized sliders or it has something to do with sensibility or it is a big bug. I often change settings (disable features I don`t use at the moment to get a better battery run time). For me it is a desaster.

The usability for itselve in IOS 7 is now like in Windows 8: searching the whole time for a function. This is a bad experience for me.

If I have to scroll down in an app or in a setting the home screen pops up => for me this is a design failure.

Safari does not work correctly with some web sites which was no problem with IOS 5/6 => bug.

Thin lines/icons like in Safari makes me nervous while using. Same for the contrast => too white. I have to concentrate so much (I have bad eyes and need glasses). This is a big problem for me, I can not use this phone longer than a minute without a bad feeling (I don`t know how to explain it).

It is a little bit better but not as before in IOS 6 if I disable the animation, set on the fat fonts, and reverse the colors. This looks ugly but it helps a little bit.

The flat design of the icons seems also to be a problem for my eyes.

Is there a official way to get another theme to work which is more friendly for disabled people or do I have to wait for a IOS 7 jailbreak?

At the moment I can not use this phone with IOS 7. I have an old one with IOS 5 which will be in use until I have a solution for my problems.

Has anybody the same experience?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 9, 2013 12:39 AM

2 replies

Oct 9, 2013 1:17 AM in response to CSGDE

For the slider switches in settings not responding the easiest solution is to tap them instead of trying to slide them - they work either way. This was the case with iOS 6 too.

I'm not sure what you mean about the home screen popping up when you scroll down in apps, the only way I know of to get back to the home screen is to press the Home button as always. Do you perhaps mean it's popping up Control Center when you swipe up from the bottom of the screen in an app? Control Centre access can be switched off in apps by using the Settings>Control Center>Access Within Apps switch.

I've not had any issues with web sites that used to work with Safari in iOS 6 not working under iOS 7, but if that's an issue you should report the sites that don't work to Apple - http://www.apple.com/feedback

I'm afraid all I can suggest re your nerves is that you give yourself time to get used to the new UI in iOS 7, it looked a bit odd to me too at first, but after a few days of using it I found I became used to it and now have few issues with it (aside from the change of location of the bookmarks icon in Safari on the iPad, that's still driving me nuts! I'm too used to it being on the other end of the address bar.)

As you know there are a number of settings you can alter to make text more readable and improve contrast, though I wouldn't recommend reversing the colours (I found that made it all much worse and harder to read). I found increasing contrast and using the bold system font helped a lot with text labels on the Home screen, which was my major issue initially. Have you tried setting Larger Dynamic Type on?

There are no alternative themes, but there are lots of settings for various disabilities under Accessibility in Settings>General, most of which I am unfamiliar with as I don't require them.

Oct 9, 2013 3:29 AM in response to David Shanahan

Hello David,

thank you for your reply. The tip with to tap instead of sliding was new for me and it works. It is now more a push-button and no slider anymore. The best way would be to design a point which switches the color if you tap on it because sliding is not working correctly.

Yes, you are right. The Control Center is popping up. I just tried your suggestion to disable the Control Center within apps and this is also very useful. This should be the default setting for my opinion.

The setting of larger dynamic type have I tried before. As mentioned the only way for me is to reverse the color to get no bad feeling while working with it. But this makes some mails and web sites also unreadable. For me it was the best compromise I could find out. As I mentioned, I have to use the old iPhone 4 with IOS 5 until there is a solution provided by Apple for people who have poor eyesight.

different problems ios 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.