Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

home sharing on ios 7

Hi,

I am so confused about home sharing on iOS 7. Just downloaded it for my iPad 2 and I just can't get it to locate my iTunes library from my Macbook Air. According to the information here on the website I just have to go to the Music app and click "more" but I just can't find anywhere where it says "more".

By using Remote, I can access my iTunes library and play songs on the computer, but I can't access my iTunes library. Thus, I can currently only play the music that is being downloaded to the iPad. Yes I have the same Apple accounts and I have the latest version of iTunes. I have signed in and out repeatedly.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Oct 9, 2013 8:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2013 8:21 AM

You have Home Sharing turned 'on' on both your Mac's iTunes (File > Home Sharing) and your iPad (Settings > Music), iTunes is open on your Mac, and both the Mac and your iPad are connected to the same wifi network ? If 'yes' to all of those then you should get a More button at the bottom right of the Music app. If it's not showing then you have you tried closing the Music app via the multitasking bar (double-click the home button and swipe the Music app up and off the top of the screen, then click the home button to close the bar) and seeing if it shows when you re-open it ?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2013 8:21 AM in response to trollhammer

You have Home Sharing turned 'on' on both your Mac's iTunes (File > Home Sharing) and your iPad (Settings > Music), iTunes is open on your Mac, and both the Mac and your iPad are connected to the same wifi network ? If 'yes' to all of those then you should get a More button at the bottom right of the Music app. If it's not showing then you have you tried closing the Music app via the multitasking bar (double-click the home button and swipe the Music app up and off the top of the screen, then click the home button to close the bar) and seeing if it shows when you re-open it ?

home sharing on ios 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.