Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installed new update iTunes Saturday - My file directory could not be found, so reset the directory path, 'it' asked me if I would like 'it' to re organise filing, I selected yes - Many tunes have been duplicated, some have disappeared. Any help?

Hi,

Installed a new update iTunes Saturday - My file directory could not be found, so I reset the directory path, and 'it' asked me if I would like 'it' to re organise my filing, foolishly (as a beginner, without checking) I selected yes - Many tunes have been duplicated, some have disappeared? Trawled through lots of misleading help files, mailed friends, tried many back routes into Apple web sites and they all wasted my time. Can anyone help?

I have discovered since then, that this resorce has been down over the weekend, which probably explains why I have had so many contradictory responses, so apologies if you all know what the prolem is.

My question is, my TIME MACHINE (which has not been used yet) was tried but looked nothing like that of the U Tube demo, so I am assuming that it needs setting up, however, it has been saving, I just do not know how to recover the data. Can anyone help?

Regads,

Cyfrommayo

MacBook Air, Other OS, too much info searching for beginer

Posted on Oct 15, 2013 9:14 AM

8 replies

Oct 15, 2013 11:12 AM in response to Eric Root

(If you have a Time Machine backup, go to your User folder/Music/iTunes and select iTunes. Enter Time Machine and go to a backup of iTunes before the above happened. Then select 'Restore' on the bottom right.)

Eric,

Many thanks for your help.

Apologies for not being as skilled as you. I am unable to see what you are saying, can I ask, should I be in TIME MACHINE when I go to User folder/Music?iTunes or iTunes or Finder?

Cyfrommayo

Oct 16, 2013 2:50 AM in response to Eric Root

Thanks Eric, that is helpful. My iTunes folder is in an external drive under DEVICES, but I am assuming you are saying, select the folder in MUSIC? I cannot see a USER tab?

When I get to the MUSIC folder using this method, I seem to have two iTunes (see enclosed), is this normal? I was asked in the process if I wanted to save the original file.

file://localhost/Users/cyohara/Desktop/Screen%20Shot%202013-10-16%20at%2010.34.1 0.png

(this is a screen shot, but it has turned like a Hyperlink, can you open it, or are screen shots forbidden on this forum?

Getting into TIME MACHINE and trying to select what I thought was correct, was a bit of a shock as it would not let me select the external hard drive, is this normal?

Many thanks,

Cyfrommayo

Installed new update iTunes Saturday - My file directory could not be found, so reset the directory path, 'it' asked me if I would like 'it' to re organise filing, I selected yes - Many tunes have been duplicated, some have disappeared. Any help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.