Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4, iOS 7, Won't download apps, songs or updates.

Hi all,

I updated my iPhone 4 to iOS 7 on launch and swanned around marvelling at how magnificent the OS was on my phone. Everything was peachy for weeks.

In a fit of loving life (and my brand new Macbook Air) I subscribed to iTunes Match and waited for a few days while all of that process completed.

Then, all of a sudden, I am no longer able to:

- Install new apps;

- Download updates for existing apps;

- Download songs from the iTunes Match Cloud to my iPhone; or

- Send messages via iMessage.

If I purchase a new app on my phone, my Macbook instantly starts downloading the app in iTunes... so everything is "registering"... just my phone is not coming to the party.

Things simply sit there, darkened, stating "waiting"....

I've searched the web and done the things suggested:

- Turned the Phone on and off again, a-la the I.T. Crowd;

- Signed out of iTunes / App Store on the phone and then back signed back in. (Interestingly, this always drops the "iTunes Match" toggle).

- Deleted stuff / checked space / reset network settings etc etc...

I've done everything bar restore the phone to factory default. Which, I'm pretty hesitant to do as it goes off like a frog in a sock - ringing constantly for work.

I have ordered an iPhone 5S - which should arrive by the end of the week... so I'm hoping restoring a back up to the new phone will see me depart this world of frustration (oh and pain, because after running like a dream initially, the iPhone 4 is now the laggiest of laggy mclag-lag's on doing the most basic of tasks. Oh and the non-sending of iMessage things is annoying. I'm one of those "fraction of a %" that Apple claim are having that issue. So is my wife... but I don't have the tars to call her a "fraction of a %" to her face. Men have died for less).

Here's hoping you wonderful fruity folk can help me out!! :fingerscrossed:

iPhone 4

Posted on Oct 22, 2013 1:55 AM

There are no replies.

iPhone 4, iOS 7, Won't download apps, songs or updates.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.