Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7 using too much data

I have an iPhone 4s. When I updated to iOS 7 it started sucking so much data I almost reached my limit in 10 days. It was using all this data in the middle of the night while I slept. I have turned off cellular data for everything, turned off pretty much everything so the only thing my phone was good for was phone calls. It worked, but that's not why I have an iPhone. The next time I talked to support they had me reset my phone. That did not work either. My phone is using upwards of 77000kb at like 1:30 in the morning while in my house hooked up to wifi. Am I the only one having this issue? Has anyone else dealt with this and found a solution? I am at a complete loss as to why my phone is doing this. It never happened before the iOS 7 update.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 7, 2013 7:02 AM

4 replies

Feb 4, 2014 1:57 AM in response to lizwhit28

SETTINGS>GENERAL>BACKGROUND APP REFRESH

Slide to off ( not in green )

This will fix the problem, it's a new feature that's absolutely good for nothing!

Come on Apple.......!!!!

This setting sucked up all my data + more it subsequently cost me over $600 in excess usage.

And Apple support would only suggest to restore the phone...... What? I figured this out without Apple support!!!!!

iOS 7 using too much data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.