Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stop iOS 7 update on iPad mini 1

Hello,

i got an iPad mini 1th generation with iOS 6 yesterday.

Today i bought some apps.

An our ago i was looking in the Settings.

There it showed me that my iPad is going to download iOS 7.0.4.

I didnt accept the update!!

I wont have iOS 7!!!

I have got an iPod Touch 5G with it and iOS 6 is imo much better.

At the moment, my iPad says that the update is in 5 hours.

I hope you can help me to stop this update!!

PLEASE HELP ME!!

Posted on Nov 24, 2013 1:04 PM

9 replies

Nov 27, 2013 10:32 AM in response to Shadowapple

Shadowapple wrote:

Oh, really?

THANKS!!!

So after this download, i have to agree and AFTER that it installs iOS 7?

Correct.

Shadowapple wrote:

And another question: If the memory of my iPad mini is full, then it can't download iOS 7, or?

Also correct. If your Mini does not have enough free space for the download it won't download. it needs at least 3GB free.

Nov 27, 2013 12:18 PM in response to Phil0124

A last question:

Does it need the free 3GB by downloading that, wich is downloading on my iPad now (before i have to agree the installation) or by doing the installation?

I hope you understand my bad english. I'm not from England and so on.

Thanks

EDIT: The download for iOS 7 is loading but i turned off my W-LAN, do my iPad isn't able to download. Am I able to fill the memory of m iPad with pictures and so on, so that it can't download/install iOS 7? I'm not sure, because the download started a few days ago...

Could it be, that the 3GB reserved for the iOS 7 installer?

Nov 27, 2013 1:51 PM in response to Shadowapple

The download will start as long as there are at least 3GB available when it does so. The download package is about 1GB in size only, but gets decompressed for the installation.

Not sure how taking up the space after the download has begun will affect it, but I assume when it finds out it can no longer accomodate the entire download it will issue a warning and stop. I don't believe it actually reserves the space as such.,

but as I said the actual installation won't start unless you agree to it.

Stop iOS 7 update on iPad mini 1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.