Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto 2.0, iPhone 5, iOS7.0.4: black screen, crash, low memory timeout

I have bought and installed iPhoto 2.0 on my iPhone 5 but it doesn't open correctly. On first opening there was the intro screen with a Continue button which, upon tapping, showed a white "Importing" type dialog. After a while, the app closes and a low memory log file is created. Sometimes there is also a Latest Crash iPhoto.plist file and an iPhoto Crash Log.

Low Memory log file

Latest Crash iPhoto.plist

iPhoto Crash Log

I have 814 photos on my Camera Roll and my (incorrectly synched) Photo Stream has 11. There are also 8 panoramas and 47 videos.

• I've tried the advice here: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS5306 but I have 23gb free on my phone, so not that.
  • I've uninstalled and re-installed iPhoto to no avail. Sometimes it shows the importing dialog but not always
  • I didn't have iPhoto before 2.0 came out.
  • I only installed iPhoto after iOS 7 was released
  • I've killed all other apps, restarted the phone and launched only iPhoto
  • It works fine on my iPad 3 (considerably fewer photos on that device).

Love to hear a solution, this is driving me crazy 😁

Posted on Nov 28, 2013 12:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2013 1:23 AM

Crashes in iPhoto can also be caused by corruptedmedia or incompatible media in the Camera Roll or photo stream. Maybe a photo or video that cannot be processed is causing this.

Then only wiping your camera roll will help. DO you have many photos in the camera roll, that you need to save?

You could import all contents of your camera roll and PhotoStream to your computer, backup your iPhone to iCloud or iTunes (iCloud: Backup and restore overview) and then delete all photos from iPhone using the "Photos" app.

After that, reinstall iPhoto once again as described here iOS: Troubleshooting apps purchased from the App Store.

Finally, sync your photos back from your computer using iTunes (iTunes: Syncing photos).

Léonie

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2013 1:23 AM in response to PlinthAdenoid

Crashes in iPhoto can also be caused by corruptedmedia or incompatible media in the Camera Roll or photo stream. Maybe a photo or video that cannot be processed is causing this.

Then only wiping your camera roll will help. DO you have many photos in the camera roll, that you need to save?

You could import all contents of your camera roll and PhotoStream to your computer, backup your iPhone to iCloud or iTunes (iCloud: Backup and restore overview) and then delete all photos from iPhone using the "Photos" app.

After that, reinstall iPhoto once again as described here iOS: Troubleshooting apps purchased from the App Store.

Finally, sync your photos back from your computer using iTunes (iTunes: Syncing photos).

Léonie

iPhoto 2.0, iPhone 5, iOS7.0.4: black screen, crash, low memory timeout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.