Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to upgrade iPad mini to ios7?

Hi,

I have bought my son a new iPad mini but it is still running on an old OS. I have tried upgrading to ios7 and the download isn't going anywhere. It says 'estimating time remaining' and has done so for the past day. I can't see anywhere to cancel the download and restart- is this possible? Someone suggested doing it through a computer but I don't have one. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

iPad mini-OTHER, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 26, 2013 5:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2013 5:49 AM

If you don't have a PC, this is the only way (OTA or over-the-air) to update the iOS on the device. Apples servers are probaby very busy with new activations and new users installing updates.

To cancel the install (try again later when it's not so busy), try this:

Log out of the iTunes Store on your device:

Settings>iTunes & App Store...tap your Apple ID, then select "Sign Out"

Reset your device:

Device Reset (won't affect settings/data/music/apps/etc)

1. Press and hold (& continue to hold) BOTH the Sleep/Wake button & the Home button.

2. Continue to hold BOTH (ignoring any other messages that may show) until you see the Apple logo on the screen.

3. Release BOTH buttons when you see the Apple logo and allow the device to boot normally.

After the device has restarted, sign back in to the App Store as above.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2013 5:49 AM in response to Xxnonnaxxx

If you don't have a PC, this is the only way (OTA or over-the-air) to update the iOS on the device. Apples servers are probaby very busy with new activations and new users installing updates.

To cancel the install (try again later when it's not so busy), try this:

Log out of the iTunes Store on your device:

Settings>iTunes & App Store...tap your Apple ID, then select "Sign Out"

Reset your device:

Device Reset (won't affect settings/data/music/apps/etc)

1. Press and hold (& continue to hold) BOTH the Sleep/Wake button & the Home button.

2. Continue to hold BOTH (ignoring any other messages that may show) until you see the Apple logo on the screen.

3. Release BOTH buttons when you see the Apple logo and allow the device to boot normally.

After the device has restarted, sign back in to the App Store as above.

How to upgrade iPad mini to ios7?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.