Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are Messages not showing up in the NC while locked

iPhone 4s on iOS 7

-I am not able to get my messages to show in the notification center while the phone is locked.

~I tried to reset my settings and that helped, but now that I turned my phone off, messages aren't showing in the NC while the phone is locked. I have alerts turned off, currently. The way I have my notifications set up for messages, worked prior to me turning my phone off.

-I have all my settings correct and I have my DND scheduled to off.

-I have my notifications set so that my messages won't show on the Lockscreen and only set to show in the notification center<< Yes that format actually works. But the times I hard reset my phone or turn it off, it all sotps working

-My OS is updated to the current one out there.

Thanks in advance 🙂

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 26, 2013 9:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2013 5:17 PM

BSB-Fan, I think I might have found a solution to your problem. Simply follow the steps listed below.

Step One - Go to the homescreen and launch the Settings application.

Step Two - Go into the General section of the Settings app.

Step Three - Scroll down to the bottom of the General section of the Settings app. You should see a subsection that is labeled "Reset". Tap this.

Step Four - In the Reset subsection of the General section of the Settings app, you should see a button that says "Reset All Settings". Tap this, and then confirm that you would like to do this on the popup.

Step Five - After the phone has restarted, unlock the phone and return to the homescreen. Launch the Settings app again.

Step Six - In the Settings application, you should see a button that says "Notifications". Tap the Notifications button.

Step Seven - Once you're in the Notifications section of the Settings app, scroll down until you see a button with the Messages app icon and a lable that says "Messages." Tap it.

Step Eight - Make sure that the Show In Lockscreen is in the off position if you would not like your messages to show up on the lock screen, but only within Notification Center on the lockscreen. Make sure that the Notification settings for Messages are correct.

Now your Messages should show up in Notification Center on the lockscreen.

I hope I helped. If you have any other issues or concerns, feel free to reply.

Sincerely,

Austin

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2013 5:17 PM in response to bsb-fan

BSB-Fan, I think I might have found a solution to your problem. Simply follow the steps listed below.

Step One - Go to the homescreen and launch the Settings application.

Step Two - Go into the General section of the Settings app.

Step Three - Scroll down to the bottom of the General section of the Settings app. You should see a subsection that is labeled "Reset". Tap this.

Step Four - In the Reset subsection of the General section of the Settings app, you should see a button that says "Reset All Settings". Tap this, and then confirm that you would like to do this on the popup.

Step Five - After the phone has restarted, unlock the phone and return to the homescreen. Launch the Settings app again.

Step Six - In the Settings application, you should see a button that says "Notifications". Tap the Notifications button.

Step Seven - Once you're in the Notifications section of the Settings app, scroll down until you see a button with the Messages app icon and a lable that says "Messages." Tap it.

Step Eight - Make sure that the Show In Lockscreen is in the off position if you would not like your messages to show up on the lock screen, but only within Notification Center on the lockscreen. Make sure that the Notification settings for Messages are correct.

Now your Messages should show up in Notification Center on the lockscreen.

I hope I helped. If you have any other issues or concerns, feel free to reply.

Sincerely,

Austin

Dec 26, 2013 9:13 AM in response to bsb-fan

Hello, bsb-fan.

Your messages might not be showing up in Notification Center because your Notification Center settings might not have notfications turned on for the Messages app. To change this, open the Settings app. Then, you should see a "Notifications" button. Tap it. From there, scroll down to Messages, and tap this. Then you should see options for Messages notifications. Make sure that they are all correct.

If those instructions don't help, make sure you don't have Do Not Disturb enabled. You can check this by either swiping up from the bottom of the screen to open Control Center and making sure that the Do Not Disturb button is not highlighted (the button with the cresent moon) or by opening Settings and making sure the Do Not Disturb slider is in the off position.

If neither of these help, just reply. I'd be glad to assist you.

I hope I helped.

Sincerely,

Austin

Dec 28, 2013 8:13 AM in response to AustinJGibson

Austin,

Thank you for the info! I will do that, again. I had previously did those exact steps you wrote out.

It seems as if I will have to reset my settings whenever I turn my phone off or do a hard reset. I don't normally turn my phone off daily. Only once in a blue moon. As for doing a hard reset, that happens when I notice something isn't working properly with my phone or my battery is draining fast.

~Jamie~

Dec 29, 2013 5:55 PM in response to bsb-fan

I am not trying to be pushy or anything, but would it be possible to mark my answer as helpful or that it solved your problem? I am sorry if this takes you aback. Don't get me wrong, it's not all about the points, in fact, even if there weren't any points, I would still gladly help people. I just really want to get those Level 2 perks! Also, if you have any other questions or concerns about your iPhone or any other Apple device, feel free to ask!

Sincerely,

Austin

Why are Messages not showing up in the NC while locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.