Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Iphone 4 will not charge after Ios7 update, does anyone know how to fix ?, My Iphone 4 will not charge after Ios7 update, does anyone know how to fix ?

My Iphone 4 will not charge after ipdate to IOS 7.0.4, Does anyone have a solution ? I have tried apple cables and chargers. I see many have the same issue. Anyone made progress ?

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 27, 2013 9:30 AM

9 replies

Dec 28, 2013 2:58 PM in response to diesel vdub

No offence, but as with quite a few others, my Iphone stopped charging on mains after iOS 7.0.4 update too.

Not sure you can categorically advise that "it simply is not a software issue" when so many different people are having the same symptoms after updating their iOS 😟 Just have a quick Google!

Luckily my (original Apple) cable will still allow recharging via USB to a laptop. So, process of elimination would point to a bricked charger that was working faultlessly up until the iOS 7.0.4 update was applied. Seems quite a stretch to be a coincidence.

Look forward to an explanation ..... and an update? ......

Dec 28, 2013 5:18 PM in response to RikHolmes

If it were an iOS7 issue, it would be affecting millions of users, that is not the case.

At the very best, this is only affecting maybe a few hundred users which indicates that problem is bad cables, dirty connectors, or faulty hardware in the iDevice.

The fact that yours works with the actual Apple charger only confirms the issue is not iOS7 but rather a faulty cable in your case.

Apple will never provide an explanation, they simply have no reason to provide one.

My Iphone 4 will not charge after Ios7 update, does anyone know how to fix ?, My Iphone 4 will not charge after Ios7 update, does anyone know how to fix ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.