Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to re download iOS 7 for my iphone 5c, I think my back and system restore has a virus, I want a new version to download, I know it has something to do with recovery mode.

I did a restore from back, a restore to new phone and a recovery mode restore, now I want to download the iOS 7.0.4 again, I called apple and they wont walk me through this to re download it, they did a few month back when I was working on my bother phone, his battery kept going dead and after the download it was all good, now my battery is dying much faster and I would like to have a new slate of the OS re downloaded, how do I do this, I know it has something to do the recovery mode.

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.0.4, re download 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 8, 2014 11:40 PM

1 reply

Jan 8, 2014 11:57 PM in response to zimonzayz

All you have to do is restore the device to factory settings. Once the device is in recovery mode, and connected to itunes via USB Itunes will show a message" iTunes has detected a device in recovery mode, click ok to restore now" Then click ok and it will restore the phone to factory settings, with a fresh copy of iOS7.0.4. Just make sure your iTunes is up to date before trying to restore.

How to re download iOS 7 for my iphone 5c, I think my back and system restore has a virus, I want a new version to download, I know it has something to do with recovery mode.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.