Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5 (ios 7.0.4) battery drains in 2hours

i know there is a ton of threads out there already about iphone 5 batter drain issues.

i want to know;

1. is there a legit fix for this?

2. is there any update coming SOON from apple to fix this?

i work in sports and i need my phone to work; i cant have it plugged in all the time. if thats the case i might as well go with landline again.

can someone make a suggestion here.

Thanks

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 14, 2014 2:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2014 2:15 PM

http://osxdaily.com/2013/09/19/ios-7-battery-life-fix/

recalibrate your battery, let the battery fully drain, until your phone shuts off and then fully charge without using it.

If the link and the recalibrate don't work, then restore your phone as new.

2. you'll know as the rest of us, when apple announces the next update.

Forgot to ask ,what exactly are you doing with your phone for it to only last 2 hours?

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2014 2:15 PM in response to daveziphone

http://osxdaily.com/2013/09/19/ios-7-battery-life-fix/

recalibrate your battery, let the battery fully drain, until your phone shuts off and then fully charge without using it.

If the link and the recalibrate don't work, then restore your phone as new.

2. you'll know as the rest of us, when apple announces the next update.

Forgot to ask ,what exactly are you doing with your phone for it to only last 2 hours?

Jan 14, 2014 8:25 PM in response to razmee209

i'll try this. Thanks.

do you recommend those battery Dr. Apps? do they even work?

- this is the thing, i dont do anything crazy; standard stuff like checking emails, responding to txt's; phone calls that last no more than 5-6mins tops. But i've noticed that i used to be able to run all day without issues, and recently (i'd say about a month) i'll use it for 20mins and and i'll see it go from 100% to 65% in a flash... it messes me up for the rest of the day.

even today for example... i saw this reply on my phone and i was at 36%. by the time i read the post, did all the recommended things in the article; the phone died. and that took no more than 10mins to do all that. so i'm stumpped.

never had this problem before, then poof.... and i have 4 iphones; (iphone 5, iphone 4s and 2 iphone 4's) iphone 5 and 4s are on ios7 and have this same problem; the 4's are still on ios 6 and are running like well oiled machines. i hope this works.

any other suggestions, send them my way. and i'll keep you posted on my end.

thanks for the help.

iphone 5 (ios 7.0.4) battery drains in 2hours

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.