Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a first generation iPad. iOS 5.1.1 is the most current os available, but all new apps require iOS 7. What can I do short of buying a new ipad?

I have a first generation iPad. iOS 5.1.1 is the most current os available, but all new apps require iOS 7. What can I do short of buying a new ipad?

iPad, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jan 23, 2014 7:12 AM

5 replies

Jan 23, 2014 9:19 AM in response to espeiker

You can attempt to get compatible versions of the Apps if there are such versions available.

App Store: Install the latest compatible version of an app

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5919

You will need to download the incompatible version to a device that can support it or a computer running itunes first using your Apple ID so it gets registered to your account. Once that is done you may be able to get compatible versions of the Apps by going into the Purchased Tab of the App Store on your iPad and tapping on the cloud icon of the App you wish to get. This will prompt you with a warning about the incompatible App, and then ask if you would like to download the compatible version.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.