Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating Help - iOS 7 for iPad 2

Why are Apple products so difficult, for one point, to update. How does one determine if the process is "running" or not?

I'm trying my first iPad update to iOS 7, using my pc & iTunes, & can't find info as to how it all ends.

Update is done, backups, etc are all done -- how do I get out of the update process? The support areas for iPad are no help.

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.4, Instructions Very Poor.

Posted on Feb 16, 2014 12:03 PM

3 replies

Feb 16, 2014 12:13 PM in response to PondManHank

If you click on the Summary Tab while the iPad is still connected to iTunes, you will see what version is on the iPad at the top on the right side. Or on the iPad itself go to Settings>General >About>Version.

if the process has completed, just eject the iPad from iTunes. Right click on the iPad name under Devices and select Eject.

Feb 16, 2014 12:40 PM in response to Demo

Hi Demo, thx for quick response.

I've had Summary for some time, says I have 7.0.4 which is what I want.

I think my issue is the iPad - still black screen with either "connect" or "connected" to iTunes, whichever is the case.

Dialog box = iPad Not Set Up & 3 Options = Start Over, Wi-Fi Settings, Continue.

Seems I'm in some sort of loop & can't get out. Also tries to tell me to Restore. I don't think I "erased" anything but maybe I could have.

Continue = Set Up As New iPad, Restore from iCloud or iTunes Backup. I did Back Up to my pc (iTunes).

What kind of Monster have I created???

Updating Help - iOS 7 for iPad 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.