Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When trying to update my ipad mini to ios 7.0.4 I get "unable to verify update" because I am no longer connected to the internet. I'm connected via wifi and can get on the internet fine using my ipad mini. What gives?

When trying to update my ipad mini to ios 7.0.4 I get "unable to verify update" because I am no longer connected to the internet. I'm connected via wifi. The wifi signal is strong...I'm sitting next to my high speed wireless gateway. I can use the internet on my ipad mini just fine. What gives?

iPad, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 21, 2014 3:26 PM

7 replies

Feb 21, 2014 6:27 PM in response to sdjenkins

METHODS:

A :

Go to settings, then iTunes and apps, click on your Apple ID and then sign out. Sign back in and see if it works.

B :

• Double-tap the Home button to bring about the multitasking screen
  • Navigate to “Settings” then swipe up on the Settings app to send it off the screen, thereby quitting
  • Go back to the home screen, relaunch Settings, and try to download the update again.

C :

• Open Settings and go to “General” followed by “Reset”
  • Choose “Reset Network Settings” and tap the red text to confirm the reset – this will trash the network configuration and restart iOS
  • When booted back to the home screen, reconnect to a Wi-Fi network through settings
  • Install the iOS update as usual

Keep me posted ℹ

When trying to update my ipad mini to ios 7.0.4 I get "unable to verify update" because I am no longer connected to the internet. I'm connected via wifi and can get on the internet fine using my ipad mini. What gives?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.