Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2 and the new iOs 7.1 update....

HELP!

I have a 16 gig iPad 2, which is showing in settings that the new update to 7.1 has "downloaded."

I didn't accept or click anything to download it, so I'm assuming it was pushed to my device... which is less than amusing.

So my quiestion is this: Does that mean that the file itself is already stored, so I might as well just install it? ...Even if I won't be enjoying the CarPlay feature... Siri... or improved fingerprint scanning.. and could care less about visual tweaks. Is there any possibility of removing the download?

iTunes is showing my yellow "Other" category at 1.82 gigs, with "Audio", "Photos", "Apps" & "Documents & Data" already accounted for separately. Capacity is at 13.6, and I have 1.95 free (just because I cleaned some things up thinking I had to install!)

Any of you experts out there: I'd really appreciate your advice. Those couple of gigs may not seem like much, but to a guy who already spends his life transferring crap between clouds.. they are!

Thanks! 🙂

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Mar 15, 2014 2:01 PM

1 reply

Mar 15, 2014 2:19 PM in response to GeorgeWiley

Yeah, sorry, you're stuck with it. Once it downloads it's there and cant be deleted.

HOnestly, you won't get carplay (and even if you did there are no cars currently on the market that support it) nor will you get the fingerprint scanning. You'll have the option for buttons again, along with a thicker font and a couple of other visual things.

The only way to keep updates from being manually pushed out is to keep your device full enough that there's no room for it to download.

iPad 2 and the new iOs 7.1 update....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.