Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem iOS7.1 with load on home screen ipad mini retina

User uploaded file

i Have this problem time to time ipad shows load icon at the top of the screen, and it is not a backup, it is not installation, and it is not a skype. i don't had this problem with 7.0.4-6 only after update to 7.1 Please help it drains battery faster.

iPad, iOS 7.1, ipad mini retina problem with load

Posted on Mar 15, 2014 1:46 PM

21 replies

Mar 15, 2014 2:00 PM in response to ozzyboy825

i am turned off background app refresh, i am turned off app update, and automatic instalation, deleted iCloud data?! And restored ipad tree Times. And this will show often time to time, and i can disable it only when turn off and on ipad... And some time work normaly and after 20 30 minutes of using that icon shows again. :-(

Mar 15, 2014 2:11 PM in response to Igor88

The icon you see indicates there is network activity. Do you by chance have any email accounts on the iPad? If so, check Settings>Mail Contacts & Calendars>Fetch New Data. Change the frequency of Fetch to your liking. I recommend using Manually, so when you open the Mail app, it checks for new mail, instead of the intervals listed when the app is not open.

May 29, 2014 7:34 PM in response to Igor88

The only answer to this is that it is an iOS 7 bug, it cannot be fixed since maybe:

1. It's an OS bug

2. It may be a coding mistake

3. An unknown activity is being done to the iDevice

4. The app you're using is internet connected

5. iOS 7 is still on it's Growth phase (on my opinion)

This maybe fixed by Apple on iOS 8, that is said to be released on June 2

Jun 4, 2014 9:05 PM in response to Igor88

i've had this problem before the 7.1.1 update... i don't know what causes it... it's very annoying because sometimes apps don't connect... for example when i open Kik it says "connecting..." even though i am connected... it's just this activity/reload/refresh/downloading icon is causing problems all over ios in general.

it's ******* me off. i know its not facebook since i deleted the app... and now i can't download it anymore because i can't seem to connect to app store because of this false icon... after 30 tries it'll probably work though... yay

Problem iOS7.1 with load on home screen ipad mini retina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.