Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

download iPhone update once and use multiple times

There are multiple iphones in my house; three 4's (not 4s's) a 3GS and a 5. We want to install the new ios 7.1 but we dont have a very big downalod allowance and if we each download it, we wouldnt have much data left for anything else. Is there a way I can downalod it and then reuse the ipsw file for each iphone so the update file is used 5 times but only dowanloaded once? In the past it seems to be downloaded and then disappears immediately after its finished with... or have I just not been looking in the right spots for it?

Is this possible?

MacBook, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Mar 15, 2014 10:56 PM

2 replies

Mar 15, 2014 11:17 PM in response to Johnathan Burger

Can I use one file for the three iphone 4's?

I don't think the unique could matters if it does generate one because there seems to be a heap of locations on the web where you can download the ipsw files from a mirror and I think those files can be reused. But I don't want to use those links because I feel much better downloading directly from Apple

download iPhone update once and use multiple times

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.