Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot import my photos to my Windows xp PC after updating my iphone 5 with the latest iOS 7.1

I cannot import my photos to my Windows xp PC after updating my iphone 5 with the latest iOS 7.1

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 17, 2014 2:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2014 11:01 AM

Same thing happening to me, we use iphones @ work to photos vehicles with collision damage. When I plug my phone in, I usually wait for the photo import wizard to pop up, hit trust on my phone, then I can import photos.

Now, as soon as I trust then next, the "Trust / Dont trust" pops up on my phone again and then XP says it cant connect.

Come on guys, fully test things first. I know XP is old but it's still commonly used, at least till support is stopped this June!

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2014 11:01 AM in response to tstaweel

Same thing happening to me, we use iphones @ work to photos vehicles with collision damage. When I plug my phone in, I usually wait for the photo import wizard to pop up, hit trust on my phone, then I can import photos.

Now, as soon as I trust then next, the "Trust / Dont trust" pops up on my phone again and then XP says it cant connect.

Come on guys, fully test things first. I know XP is old but it's still commonly used, at least till support is stopped this June!

Mar 17, 2014 2:38 PM in response to toner_

Actually support stops April 8. Normally this issue is connected to you either selecting Trust this computer on the iPhone, or the phone has a passcode lock on and the phone is not unlocked. Try unlocking the phone before connecting it to the computer and see if that will work. Generally this will allow you to import the photos.

Mar 18, 2014 9:26 AM in response to toner_

I still believe it is a driver issue. Use this support document to try and resolve it. Don't pay so much attention to the title, just the way to get the driver replaced. http://support.apple.com/kb/TS5376.

Again, it is difficult to support an operating system that Microsoft doesn't support any longer (soon). I agree it is still in use in places, but it is way past its lifespan.

Mar 25, 2014 7:07 AM in response to tstaweel

I have a very large XP estate that has many many iOS devices connected.

I cant install iTunes onto every one (2000 machines at least) as it breaches Apple TOC.

Everything worked great until 7.1 final release came out - Connectivity worked OK in XP on all of the BETA releases of 7.1.

There must be a solution to this - Yes I understand Microsoft is no longer releasing patches and security updates for XP, but it should still work in the field.

Does anyone have any recomendations to re-esablish a reliable connection?

Apr 30, 2014 2:40 PM in response to PJ Ducks

That is the only thought that I have other than to remove and reinstall iTunes on the device. It appears from your earlier post that you tried this, but did you do it by following the instructions in this support document? http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1925 This is specific to Windows XP.

If you do not follow those instructions exactly, it can cause more problems for you. However, if you have done all of that, this is the last thing I am aware of. If this doesn't work, then I would not know anything else. http://support.apple.com/kb/TS5376

May 29, 2014 8:22 AM in response to dj018

According to the iTunes download page, it still supports Windows XP.

Windows System Requirements

• PC with a 1GHz Intel or AMD processor and 512MB of RAM
  • Windows XP Service Pack 3 or later, 32-bit editions of Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8
  • 64-bit editions of Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 require the iTunes 64-bit installer
  • 400MB of available disk space
  • Broadband Internet connection to use the iTunes Store

(Emphasis added)

If your XP computer was updated, then it should work. Again, the links I posted earlier contain the current USB drivers for the iPhone and Windows.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.