Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quicktime crashed and deleted my video file??

I trimmed a clip with quicktime and tried to iMessage it. Quicktime crashed and took the file off my camera. How do i retrieve it?

OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 21, 2014 1:09 PM

4 replies

Sep 2, 2014 1:14 PM in response to Joe Warcup

This happened to me as well. Trimming in Quicktime Player, hit Share to upload to Vimeo and Quicktime Player crashes with a "can't create file" message. After force-quitting, I notice that the ORIGINAL file (that had been captured with Blackmagic Design Media Express) has been DELETED!! This is a major bug. I spent a good 30 minutes trying to figure out where one of my video files had gone and ended up re-capturing it only to have this happen again.

Mar 24, 2016 10:47 AM in response to Joe Warcup

This bug still exists. Had a video of my daughters first steps on an SD-card. Moved the video to my computer, trimmed it with quicktime and tried to share it to youtube. It then froze and when force-quitting the video got deleted.

I tried adamkrup's suggestion but downloading the EaseUS recovery tool overwrote the deleted video. Luckily I could recover it from the SD-card with EaseUS. Thanks adam! And screw you quicktime for trying to delete my video.

Quicktime crashed and deleted my video file??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.