Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is the more option?

I am trying to stream music from Itunes on my PC to my ipad. I have set up home sharing on my PC and on my Ipad. I go to Music but then cannot see the 'More' option to choose the shared library. The More option is missing. Where is it?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 22, 2014 6:39 AM

17 replies

Apr 22, 2014 7:33 AM in response to Tyro1973

I never noticed this before... I just looked at my pad. I am away from my home shared network (at work). and the shared / more stuff does not appear. It only appears when it sees the network you are sharing with.

So if you are not seeing the choice, then your pad and network are not talking. Recheck the pad. settings, music, home sharing - make sure there is no typo in the shared network name. Recheck the pc for the same issue.

Apr 22, 2014 8:29 AM in response to Diavonex

Home Shariing is not accessible from Control Center, AirPlay is but not Home Sharing.

The "Shared" option is found in the "More ..." section, bottom-right of Music app in iOS 7. If you don't have a "More ..." selection, then maybe a Reset or Restore is in order, since that is how you not only access Home Sharing but also how you get the "Edit" button to rearrange the categories in the Music app "tray" at the bottom.

If you manage to get the "More..." option in view, note that you won't see the "Shared" option unless (a) your iTunes library is up and running on the host computer, and (b) your iPad is on the same Wi-Fi network as the computer, and (c) Home Sharing is turned on and you're logged into the same Apple ID for Home Sharing.

Where is the more option?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.