Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problems after iphone 4s update to ios 7.11

Hi,

I've an iPhone 4s and recently upgraded from ios7.1 to ios 7.1.1. After the update I lost all my voicemails that were stored on the phone, any app connectivity takes forever and a day, and now I'm having to charge up my phone about 4 times a day, compared to my usual 1 charge a day. Are you experiencing these or any other problems following the latest update?

Thanks

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Apr 29, 2014 4:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2014 4:36 AM

I didn't or do have such problems after updating from iOS7.1 to iOS7.1.1

What did you do already? Did you a reset of the phone already?

It could be that a rogue app keeps using e.g. GPS or keeps refreshing in the background which is causing huge battery drain. Please check those settings. Also if you usage time is exactly the same as the stand-by time it's probably a software issue e.g a rogue app like I had.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2014 4:36 AM in response to ikfrancis

I didn't or do have such problems after updating from iOS7.1 to iOS7.1.1

What did you do already? Did you a reset of the phone already?

It could be that a rogue app keeps using e.g. GPS or keeps refreshing in the background which is causing huge battery drain. Please check those settings. Also if you usage time is exactly the same as the stand-by time it's probably a software issue e.g a rogue app like I had.

May 1, 2014 5:07 PM in response to pacorob

I noticed another weird phenomenon today. My Iphone 4s battery level went from 100% to 9% in under 2 hours of minimum usage, and so I turned/switched it off. About 3 hours later I turned/switched it back on and to my surprise the battery level displayed 33% remaining. I'm baffled and I also forgot to tell you that I had also changed service provider from O2 to VirginMobile. Any suggestions?

Thanks

problems after iphone 4s update to ios 7.11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.