Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I accidentally downloaded the U2 album...?

Unfortunately, I've received U2's "Songs of Innocence" on my iPhone, and I want to get rid of it. I figured that if I downloaded it, I would be able to delete it just like any other song on my music, so I tried that with a couple songs, and they came back, so is there a way I can remove it from my music? Space is also a serious issue on my phone, so it's annoying for me to know that a band that I don't like is taking up valuable space. I had to create a new playlist with all my songs before U2 decided they had the right to sneak itself onto my phone. So if I've downloaded parts of the album, can I delete those songs or nah?

Edit: Yes I've tried the swiping thing. I've deleted songs off my music before.

Posted on Sep 10, 2014 9:26 PM

47 replies

Sep 11, 2014 6:42 AM in response to tudormonkey

tudormonkey wrote:

Same problem, not a big deal but I don't want U2 taking up space on my iPhone. None of the methods I have used before will delete it as far as I am concerned it is the first unwelcome 'bloatware' from Apple I have had, that I can't delete it is very annoying.

If it has a cloud icon, it is not on your iPhone and it is not taking up any space on your iPhone.

Settings > Music, turn off Show all music.

Sep 11, 2014 11:23 AM in response to Chris CA

Thanks Chris, I accidentally loaded two tracks though it turned out, I really haven't used iPhone much for my music so it was some kind of user error, however I restored my phone from scratch and did the settings again, hid the album on 'purchases' and so on: I can't fully explain why I was so irritated by it? I don't like U2 at all but it was more than that. why not give us a choice of some other stuff...?

Sep 12, 2014 8:53 AM in response to Kappy

THIS IS NOT A GIFT! THIS IS SPAM!!!!!

i don't like U2, i don't think this was right. it's my phone, i payed a lot for it, i get to choose my content.

yes you can hide it but then it will also hide the other songs on my cloud. what if i'm on shuffle, i am being forced to listen to U2 and i don't want it. i have a lot of apple products but each year i like them less and less, who thought this was a good decision??

u2 must be doing terribly since they need not only to give the whole thing for free but also force themselves into peoples phones so they'll listen to it.

LAME.

Sep 12, 2014 9:14 AM in response to betamaya

betamaya wrote:

THIS IS NOT A GIFT! THIS IS SPAM!!!!!

NO IT IS NOT!!!!!.

yes you can hide it but then it will also hide the other songs on my cloud.

No you won't.

Hide only what you want to hide.

-> iTunes Store: Hiding and unhiding purchases

Don't forget to send a letter to your congressman (while wearing a tin foil hat) complaining about getting free stuff.

I accidentally downloaded the U2 album...?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.