Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

configuration printer CANON LPB6020

Hi Everybody!

Who can help me through with installing my new printer (Laser) Canon LPB6020, please?

I just bought the laser printer CANON LPB6020 in Geneva, in a very famous commercial store. But... Impossible to install it:

1. connexion USB: Canon LPB6020

2. System Preferences / Printers / Add a printer / Canon LPB6020

3. Canon LPB6020 appears on my Mac screen. I is asked for configuring Canon LPB6020: ... but, LPB6020 software IS NOT in the list provided by Mac.

IMPOSSIBLE TO CONTINUE !!!

In Canon website, I downloaded the software for Mac, but I can't open it. Mac doesn't allow to open this installer.

I wrote to CANON assistance... and I'm waiting for an answer for long...

If a MAC user can help me please....

Thank you in advance

Amelkis

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9), printer CANON LPB6020

Posted on Sep 18, 2014 10:09 AM

8 replies

Sep 18, 2014 12:17 PM in response to Eric Root

Hi Eric,

thank you so much for your kind reply...

but unfortunately, I tried with Control touch... and Mac open the installer but THE PRINTER LIST for selection IS EMPTY.

THAT IS THE PROBLEM:

APPLE and CANON are not up-dated with the new model :CANON LPB6020 printer

In the meanwhile, impossible to configure my new printer !

Thanks Eric!

Sep 18, 2014 2:15 PM in response to Amelkis

Amelkis wrote:

CANON are not up-dated with the new model :CANON LPB6020 printer

I disagree. Canon has the CAPT v3.66 for your LBP6020 which works fine on OS X 10.9.x. So assuming you did download the CAPT v3.66 driver and manage to install it, when you open Printers & Scanners and click the plus button to add, when you select the LBP6020 you need to change the Use menu to "Select Software". When the list of printers appear, are you saying that this printer list is empty? If yes, then try restarting the Mac and trying again. Sometimes the list does not get updated so a restart will resolve that.

Sep 18, 2014 2:16 PM in response to Amelkis

I hope you installed the driver from:

http://www.canon-europe.com/Support/Consumer_Products/products/printers/Laser/i- SENSYS_LBP6020.aspx?type=download&softwaredetailid=tcm:13-920158&os=OS%20X%20v10 .9&language=EN

And then after, you reset the printing system:

OS X Mavericks: Reset the printing system

And then you Added the printer in Print & Scan prefs.

If the printer doesn't appear, or you can't add it, then you have a problem in the OS X system files.

Please come back and tell us.

PS - thanks, PAHU!

Sep 18, 2014 11:28 PM in response to PAHU

Thanks so much Pahu and Thanks so much too Greg,

excuse my poor English.... I have to be more precise...

First, in SYSTEM PREFERENCE of my Air Book, for adding my new printer, CANON LPB6020 (connected with USB)...

In the CONFIGURATION window posts the following remark: "the software for this printer is no available at Apple. Please contact the manufacturer for getting the latest software".

So.... I go in CANON website / Assistance /downloading software LBP6020 for Mac OSX 10.9 version...

I download "Mac_AutoShutdownTool_V100_uk_EN"

OK...

click on icon "Auto Shutdown Tool" for opening...

new window:

Auto Shutdown Tool for Macintosh / Select a printer, and then click ((Auto Shutdown Settings)) : Printer list: EMPTY!!!

My Canon LPB6020 doesn't appear. However it is well connected with USB and appears as I said above for adding a new printer.

AT THIS POINT, impossible to continue installing Auto Shutdown Tool for Macintosh....

only the touch "Exit" is available....

Thanks you for helping more!

Sep 18, 2014 11:36 PM in response to Amelkis

Amelkis wrote:

First, in SYSTEM PREFERENCE of my Air Book, for adding my new printer, CANON LPB6020 (connected with USB)...

In the CONFIGURATION window posts the following remark: "the software for this printer is no available at Apple. Please contact the manufacturer for getting the latest software".

Canon does not provide the CAPT driver used by this model to Apple. So that is why you get the message that you must get it from the manufacturer (Canon).

Amelkis wrote:

So.... I go in CANON website / Assistance /downloading software LBP6020 for Mac OSX 10.9 version...

I download "Mac_AutoShutdownTool_V100_uk_EN"

I don't even see this utility on the Canon Australia web site but it's not the driver you need. Here is a link to the Canon CAPT v3.66 driver for your LBP6020

http://support-au.canon.com.au/contents/AU/EN/0100420705.html

After you download this driver and run the installer, you will get many models of Canon LBP in the Printer Software window and your LPB6020 will be one of them.

configuration printer CANON LPB6020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.